How to Register for the Handle Service
Just like any other ARDC services, service participants will have an opportunity to test the service before moving into production.
For the Handle Service, separate environments are setup for testing (in Demo) and production minting.
- Discuss your intent to setup a Handle Service with your ARDC representative or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you think you are ready to test the Handle Service, provide the following information to your ARDC representative or email them to email@example.com
- Institution name; and
- Account contact full name and email address - the name of a contact at your site ARDC should contact to discuss handle-related issues.
- You will receive a notification from ARDC, either from your ARDC representative or from IT Services, when your organisation has been registered. You will be provided with the following:
- Your Test
- Your Test Shared Secret;
- Your Test Prefix
- Demo Handle Service URL; and
- Link to the Handle Service User Documentation, to guide you in setting up your Handle client.
- Your Test
- When you are ready to start minting production Digital Object Identifiers:
- Have the Handle Service Participant Agreement form signed by a representative of your institution;
- Email the scanned signed Participant Agreement to ARDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or to your ARDC representative; and
- You will receive a notification from ARDC when you are ready to mint your production handles.