As communicated last week, the ARDC is in the process of migrating many of the services in the Demonstration environment to a new host. The first phase of the migration was successfully completed yesterday.
The last phase of the migration is scheduled for implementation over the next week. This phase will see all services in the Demonstration environment, except RVA, moved to a new host. RVA will remain on the existing Demonstration environment host and has been allocated a new URL (https://demo.vocabs.ardc.edu.au/). For the time being, all non-RVA services will continue to operate under the demo.ands.org.au domain.
The switch to the new host for all non-RVA services is scheduled for 22 January 2020. This switch will be done at the DNS level and should be invisible to end users.
While no downtime is necessary during this phase of the migration, some users may be affected by the impacts identified below.
Research Data Australia (RDA)
Change: New IP address for the Demo RDA Harvester (22.214.171.124)
- Who is affected: Data Source Administrators (DSAs) who control harvesting from their repository with an a IP whitelist.
- Action required: If you currently or intend to harvest into the Demo RDA environment, you will need to add the new IP address for the Demo RDA Harvester to your whitelist.
- Impact: (low) The Demo RDA Harvester will be unable to harvest records from your repository until you add the new IP address.
Research Vocabularies Australia (RVA)
Change: New URL for Demo RVA (https://demo.vocabs.ardc.edu.au/)
- Who is affected: Demo RVA users
- Action required: The new Demo RVA URL is ready for use and we encourage all users to transition to the new URL at the earliest convenience. Users should update any Demo RVA URLs to the new URL (e.g. documentation, bookmarks, code, etc).
- Impact: (low) Temporary redirects will be put in place for the next 6 months to ensure that the old Demo RVA URLs continue to work. The access point URLs as displayed/linked on Portal vocabulary view pages will be updated in the coming days. Users may notice that they continue to point to the demo.ands.org.au domain while this is occurring. Both domains will be supported and this transition should have no impact on end users.
As mentioned above, this stage of the migration only affects the Demonstration environment. No changes are being made to the Production environment at this point in time.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your support.