29 October 2013
What's new in RIF-CS 1.5?
This year, we have received RIF-CS recommended changes and the following have been approved by the RIF-CS Advisory Board (RAB) on 6th August 2013:
- Publications and other Object linking using relatedInfo, which enables the following:
- expansion of the intended usage of the relatedInfo element to allow linking to any external resource of any type (e.g publication, collection, party, service, activity, etc.) via that resource's identifier
- the addition of the existing RIF-CS "relation" element as a child of relatedInfo, to allow for the type of relation to be specified
- some new standard "type" attribute values to allow for the type of linked resource, and the type of that resources' identifier, to be specified
- Impact to data providers: Optional requirement, no immediate action required from the providers. The changes are backwards compatible and it allows a simplification of the manner of creating connections to registry objects.
The following vocabulary changes were presented outside the RAB meeting:
- Addition of 'nhmrc' identifier/@type to the existing types such as 'arc'
- Addition of new relationship types for relatedInfo as a result of enabling publication and object linking using relatedInfo
The above changes wil be included in this year's RIF-CS schema change happening in November. For more information, the minutes of the meeting are now available on the ANDS website. For any comment or feedback, please email email@example.com.